Tuesday, June 7, 2011

'Intro to Boatbuilding' Portfolios received via Googledocs

Well it has been good to go online and have the chance to give feedback as the rush for all students' to make the due date, has meant most have been online during the day and well into the night.
Hours can evaporate when viewing these activities online with some in some good discussions and distance communications.
I even had some text chats inside the googledocs as students worked. (synchronous communication) I was able to leave some (hopefully) timely comments for students' that were not online at the time of my viewing (asynchronous) and had an occasion to have a  google video chat with a student. (poor web cam my end cut the visuals short).

I've had comment from students' during our F2F contract practical work thanking me for comments to help prompt full coverage of content needed for the portfolio. This is very gratifying. A thank you is always nice to receive.

Your welcome!

It does throw some light on the fact that my working hours will need to be negotiated with Unitec (the policy for working at home is a little stiff)

I had one of Matts' students still using googledoc's as his word processor and during a (synchronous) chat inside his googledoc he stated that he was told by matt to hand his work in 'Hardcopy'.
This however didn't prevent us from having some discussion which hopefully gave the student some guidance.

Most work that I have seen is of good to very good quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment