Friday, June 24, 2011

Moodle Te Puna Ako - Learning Centre: helps with reading and report writing

I encourage students to use the tools in this site as a means to more fully understand and respond to the readings I set you to undertake.

The readings I set you are to give you more background and knowledge "up front" so that discussions are often based around a prior knowledge, both from your experiences as people and new knowledge as learners.

Last week in the Theory session I set you all the challenge/task of reading the "Temporary and Permanent Mould frames" chapter of the Gougeon Bros on Boat Construction text book (Course required reading).
I expect you all to Blog a report on your views of this reading. This Blog post may then be used (or parts of it if you prefer) in your portfolio of evidence for the "Small Craft Build" course.

A very good resource to help with this task is:.

http://moodle.unitec.ac.nz/course/view.php?id=360

I am happy to open this site up for debate and exploration during our next Theory session (Wednesday)


No comments:

Post a Comment